Monday, February 14, 2005

valentine

I’ll Show You Mine If You’ll Show Me Yours
inside it says:
I’ll Show You Mine If You’ll Show Me Yours

I don’t care much for Valentine’s Day. It’s made up, it’s all about money and big business rather than romance. However…

When a perfect card falls on my doormat with perfect timing, I can do nothing but smile. Well, I cried too, but while smiling so it doesn’t count. And he had enclosed a lottery ticket and one of those folding thingies that tell kindergarten kids their future, and underneath each fold is one of our private jokes. It's so wonderful.

If I win enough money to get him to come over here on that particular lottery ticket, I'm selling the rights to this story to Hollywood.

I don’t care much for Valentine’s Day, except for when I myself get a card.

No comments: