Saturday, June 03, 2006

timber!


My home designed boók shelf finally collapsed. Only the bottom shelf, but still, it's where I kept all my very heavy art and architecture coffee-table-book-meet-phone-catalogues-and-the-village-bible type of books.

I knew I had miscalculated the shelf construction, but I really like it all the same. And it did hold up for almost four years. However, it needs to be replaced, redesigned or rebuilt. Preferably yesterday, unless I wish to die a booklovers' death being buried under my book collection.

Why do everything happen at once? I was going to redecorate my kitchen when I had the money, and now I have to rethink this whole thing. If only my life was less shaped like a sine wave and more... mellowed out... Or not. Did I just make a wish for boredom? Slap me.

No comments: