Saturday, April 15, 2006

knit purl

Inspired by the shirt I made the other day I found myself playing with the shape of letters... This is what I came up with:

I don't have a specific need for a knit-related logotype at the moment, and this sketch could use some brushing up (I just scanned the paper I was doodling on), but I still thought it came out rather neat. A purl IS the reverse of a knit and so on...
Anybody want it as their logotype? Then I guess the idea could be for sale or something...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's brilliant! I love it!

Mandy said...

Lisa, sell t-shirts! It's beautiful. I want one. :)

Anonymous said...

Now that is the shirt you need!

Helen said...

I agree with Mandy.. go to cafe press and get them to make tshirts or mugs or tote bags etc...

That way I can buy one.b

nagfa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

That's utterly brilliant! Please do a cafe press t-shirt. I'll buy one, too!

Knit Wit Knitter said...

Hello! I wanted to check with you to see if you would be cool with me getting your Ambigram as a tattoo. I know a lot of people have just used it not sure if they asked you. I'm asking :-) I think it is super cool and I want to get it on my wrist. Is that ok with you?

Cheers!
Trinity

Visa Lisa said...

YES Knit Wit - you most definately can! But ONLY if you email me a photo of the finished tattoo! visalisa(a)gmail(dot)com for me to brag about!

lemonpiecrust said...

This design is so badass - neat and clean and so lovely to look at. Like the commenter above, I'm also interested in getting this as a tattoo sometime in the near future... would that be alright with you?

Visa Lisa said...

Lemonpiecrust - Why Of COURSE you may! But I would be most thankful if you'd send me a photo of that tattoo once it's done! I would LOVE to brag about it to my friends. Love from a very flattered Lisa