Monday, April 10, 2006

SPIKE


My dearest mum got her christmas present about three months too late, but I think she thought it was worth waiting for. At least she looked happy when I finally handed over the finished Spike! The reason it took me so long was mostly because of the pick-up-very-many-stitches-stage to complete the second half. I wasn't much good at it. I'm an expert at it now...
It turned out SO good. Mandy, I've always said you're a genious, and after this knit I'm even more convinced. And inspired. Mum promised she'll wear it to the theatre next time she goes. "I can't wait to hear B (her best friend) exclaim her jealousy over this!" she said. I think it means she liked it.


The difference in this design before and after blocking is huge! It's like watching the hands of a magician during a card trick. You see it happen, and you know how, but it still looks like magic...

It's long. It's beautiful. It's strangely magical. And I made it. That is truly the best feeling about it.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Yay, yay!!! It's beautiful, so ethereal. I'm so glad you are happy with it, and that it was a rewarding experience. :)
Love,
Mandy

jodi said...

It's gorgeous! Glad your mom likes it; I was thinking of making one for my mom too, for next fall. My gauge must have been further off than I thought, because yours is way bigger than mine. Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Isn't that why we knit, to magically transform yarn into fabulous whatevers? It looks great!